Ira Weisberg – President and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Weisberg is an accomplished pharmaceuticals and biotech executive with extensive experience in business and corporate development, strategic marketing, and operations with large and specialty pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Working in both large Pharma (American Home Products, Aventis Behring, Cooper Laboratories) as well as emerging Pharma and biotech companies (Interferon Sciences, LifeCycle Pharma), Mr. Weisberg has amassed more than 35 years experience and knowledge in managing companies, fund raising, product development, sales and distribution channels, compliance, regulatory, managed care, reimbursement systems, licensing, and other corporate and business development transactions in both the U.S. and international markets. He has led or been involved with corporate partnering, mergers and acquisitions, new venture formation and financing within a number of therapeutic areas such as cancer and cardiovascular medicine. Mr. Weisberg was President and CEO of AlphaVax, an emerging cancer vaccine development company. He has also led product launches in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, including managing the Critical Care business for Aventis Behring.
Some of the key transactions included:
• Initiated and closed on a $105 million transaction with Cowen Healthcare Royalty in which we monetized
the royalty stream of a key product
• Led the capital raise of $4 million in a Series G financing for a cancer immunotherapy development stage
• Raised initial funding for the development of a new company involved in an innovative cardiovascular
• Led acquisition of a business from Baxter Healthcare enabling company to be first entrant into $400
million US market.
• Generated proceeds of $30 million in IPO providing capital for growth and product development.
• Out-licensed an oncology/immune-enhancement biologic to a mid-sized pharmaceutical company –
Deal Value: $200 million
• Divested the viral testing business of Aventis Behring to National Genetics Institute, subsidiary
Joshua Weisberg – Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Mr. Weisberg is a successful Brand Strategist and Marketing Director with experience in both marketing and advertising. Mr. Weisberg has developed a niche in pharmaceutical sales and marketing through his experience on varying prescription and over the counter drug campaigns such as Enbrel, Xifaxan, Taclonex, Betaseron, Percocet, Viadur and Salagen for companies diverse as Dudnyk Healthcare, Interlink Healthcare, Gillespie (MRM Worldwide), and Concentric Pharma.
Mr. Weisberg graduated from the Art Institute of Philadelphia with a degree in Visual Communications.